Housing and homelessness are issues that have a strong impact on our community and quality of life. We believe that community involvement and connection is key in the fight against homelessness. HERE in Jackson County is seeking individuals and groups looking to help in our efforts to end homelessness and secure affordable, quality housing for all. No effort is too small and we are always looking for new ideas for how to better serve our clients.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER NEEDS:
- Emergency Shelter Meal Delivery – Provide and/or deliver weeknight meals to our emergency shelter residents. Sign up here.
- Moving Assistance – Help our staff move clients into their own permanent housing. Volunteers with use of a truck are a big plus!
- Emergency Shelter Extracurricular Groups – We are looking for individuals, groups, or organizations interested in leading extracurricular activities for our shelter clients. These can include skill building (budgeting, resume development, job readiness, financial planning), arts and crafts, mental health or substance use recovery (support groups, peer support groups, trauma informed practices), health and wellness (exercise, yoga, cooking, nutrition) or spiritual based (meditation, prayer or Bible groups). We are always open to new programming for our clients so if you have an idea not listed, please contact us.
- Office Assistance – As a new agency with limited staff, we can always use help around the office! Whether is it organizing our client closet, locating available rental units, or helping with direct client needs, we have plenty our work to go around!
- Outreach – HERE is always working to strengthen our community presence and educate about homelessness, housing insecurity, and available services. Let us know if you are interested in helping us spread the word on ending homelessness or if you have a group that would be interested in learning more.